Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Signs of Autumn



We've  been seeing signs of Autumn around my neighborhood. Some trees have turned to yellow, and a few have a hint of orange or red. I really love this time of year!

My hummingbirds stopped coming to my feeder about three weeks ago. I left their feeder out until last week just in case a migrating oriole or hummingbird needed to drink while on his/her journey. I emptied the bird bath last week, too. My 3 big pots of pink geraniums continue to bloom. They are hardy and so pretty.

The temperatures have dropped into the 40's at night, so I have been running my furnace. I don't feel bad about this at all. I want to be comfortable.

We have been predicted to have a beautiful Autumn due to the lovely rains we had all during the summer. I hope it lasts a long, long time.


1 comment:

Pat said...

It is a lovely time of year. I really like it when the sun shines and makes everything look so brilliant. I do have to say that the gardens around here are looking tired. There are still some things blooming but it seems like they all look like "the last rose of summer." We are leaving sat. Oct 17th for warmer climate. Lots to do before than but we have started.