Saturday, September 19, 2015

Cousins' Weekend 2015

Yesterday my Cousin Linda, my sister, and I met at my Cousin Pat and Cousin Pudge's home. Linda had driven up from Chicago the day before and stayed overnight with my brother and sister. It was so nice to see her again.

Pat and Pudge had set the table and living room and dining room for a Minnesota dinner, complete with pine trees, pine cones, a kerosene lamp, the sounds of loons, crickets, and tree frogs, plus a delicious dinner of fried walleye and northern pike that Pudge had caught. Filling out our dinner we had cheesy hash brown potatoes, vegetable salad, hot rolls and homemade apple dumplings. Everything was delicious!


L to R: Linda, Janet, Pudge, and Pat

L to R: yours truly, Linda, and Janet


 
These apple dumplings were wonderful!

After dinner we had a lovely evening of visiting and looking at some of my Aunt Liz and her mother and grandmother's sewing.  Linda is shown here holding up some of the hand crocheted lace. Neighbor Denny came over to Pat's to visit for awhile. He has been a welcome guest/friend for many, many years. 


After a nice breakfast this morning, we checked out Pat's gardens and then boarded the Patty Wagon (Pat's golf cart) to take in some garage sales. Each of us scored a few things. We also took time to tour one of the Parade of Homes in the area – a beautiful model home, complete with a half basketball court, with a price tag of $975k. The realtor was impressed that we had arrived on a golf cart! 



This is a garden in Pat's yard dedicated to my Aunt Liz. Double click photo to enlarge.

This is a close-up of Aunt Liz's garden


Sail boats on White Bear Lake

For lunch we ate at a local restaurant and then headed back to Pat and Pudge's. I gathered up my things and started for home. The other gals headed off for Duluth to take a boat tour of the harbor on Lake Superior tomorrow. I know they'll have a good time. These times spent together are precious.



No comments: