Saturday, December 22, 2018

My First Company

This past Wednesday I had my first company—ladies who sit next to or behind me in choir. It was really fun getting my place ready and for the first time, having extra space for appetizers.

Once everyone arrived, I gave them a tour of my home. Two of them had been here before, but it was while there were stacks of unpacked boxes and nothing yet on the walls . They loved the transformation. Also, none of my Christmas decorations were up, so this time things looked festive.




We had a nice visit and the ladies raved about my casserole (hotdish) and asked for the recipe. It was my hot chicken salad. I served it with a chopped kale/broccoli salad and raspberry/cranberry jello, plus banana bread. For dessert I served peppermint ice cream. Those present are (L to R): Bonnie, Debra, Joanne, and Nancy. Unfortunately Anne couldn't make it due to illness.

The following day my friends Jolene and Mark came over and baked Russian Tea Cake cookies with me. Actually, they did nearly all the work. I merely showed them where things were. Both of them love to bake and they thought my spacious kitchen was really nice. I agree.




No comments: