Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Getting Settled

October and November days were filled with preparing to sell my home, showing it, and after five days on the market, marking it "sold," with a closing date of November 16. Next came the huge job of packing everything up and getting rid of things I no longer needed or wanted. I donated a love seat, two chairs, two ottomans, a night stand and a cedar chest to Bridging, a local charity who helps immigrants. I made trip after trip to another charity with my car trunk full of "stuff." How did I accumulate so much of it? While I was packing, Nels took it all in stride—sleeping most of the time.






November 10 I closed on my new apartment at Valley View Cooperative and the next day the moving van came to move my things. It took them an hour and a half to load everything and over two hours to unload. For a few weeks the living room was full of boxes and tubs. There were some in the kitchen, too. Steve Oates, a VP at Bethany House, came to my home and put together a new tv table and book shelves for my library. He returned and installed a  hub on my new tv so that I could use my DVD player and VCR. I have quite a large movie library, and he hung pictures, plates and shelves.

And now things are settled. I have some things in my storage unit that will remain there for a time. I am a bit weary of moving and want to enjoy the Christmas season.





No comments: