Friday, October 05, 2018

I sold my home!

This past weekend was one I'm not keen to repeat. A week ago today my home was listed on Zillow and in the south metro realty association. An open house was set for Sunday afternoon. By noon Friday a showing was already requested, followed by two on Saturday. Then on Saturday two more showings were requested for Sunday—one overlapping the open house. For each of these days I had to make my home look the best I could, having it appear as though I didn't live there. Before leaving the house, I was to turn on every light in the place.



Sunday morning I got up very early to vacuum, make up my bed with the decorative pillows, hide a few kitchen things here and there, and went out to door for church by 7:15. After church I checked my phone and discovered there were two more requests for showings on Sunday! This meant I couldn't return until after 3 pm. Oh, my. So I went to a favorite restaurant for a leisurely brunch and then to a furniture store where I placed my order for new living room furniture.

I came home after 3 pm and slumped into my living room chair. I placed a call to my brother and sister and while I was talking to them, a request came in for a second showing at 5:30. So once again I had to leave for another hour. Lucky Nels got to stay home during all of these showings. I wish he could have told me what went on while I was away.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday brought two more showings each . My stress level was high and my energy level was low. Then Tuesday afternoon I got a message from my realtor letting me know there was an offer for full price. He called me shortly thereafter and we agreed to some terms. He came over in the evening and I signed a document stating I wouldn't have any more showings. The Wednesday showings were canceled and I'm relieved. God is good. He brought the right people to purchase my home in five days. Whew!

No comments: