Wednesday, October 07, 2020

2020 Birthday Parties

 This year my birthday was a big occasion because I turned 75 (August 3). It hardly seems possible! Where has the time gone?

With 2020 being such an unusual and odd year, due to the COVID-19 virus, I didn't think there would be such a fuss, but I was wrong. On the Saturday prior to my birthday, my son, Peder, and his wife, Sarah, had me over to their house for a cookout. We had a very nice time. They served cupcakes for dessert and mine had a lit candle in it.

L to R: yours truly, Peder, Leo, Felix, Rellie, Sarah

A couple of days before the actual day, my kids had a delicious German chocolate cake delivered to my house. It came from my favorite bakery: Lund's/Byerly's. What a surprise! Once it arrived I decided I couldn't eat alone, so I called some of my friends here in my building for an impromptu birthday party.


L to R: Janet, Carol, Anne


The birthday girl!


L to R: Pat, Nancy C, Nancy L

On my actual birthday, my birthday club friends met at my friend Nancy's home and we had birthday cake, plus some other desserts. It was a lot of sugar!


Neighbors decorated my door

Hostess Nancy

L to R: Louise, Bonnie, yours truly, Nancy and Debra

Another birthday cake!

Believe it or not, my Valley View friends hosted another party for me the next day at one of my favorite restaurants. Due to COVID, we were seated outside. I ordered my favorite thing: an apple pancake. It is very similar to a pannekoeken, but in my opinion, it is 200% better. 

L to R: Laurey, Sheila, Nancy, Donna VS, Pat, yours truly

Apple pancake, tomato juice, thick sliced bacon. Yum!

Yet another birthday cake!










No comments: