Monday, July 13, 2020

New Windows

Last year our building budgeted for all of our windows to be replaced. They were 20 years old and some reported having air leaking in. So a couple of weeks ago a big lift was driven here and the workers began removing the old windows and replacing the new ones. The workers did one apartment at a time, staying with the stack before moving on. A stack is such as apartment 401, 301, 201 and finally 101. It took a little over a week before they got to mine.




In preparation of their work, I had to have some help to move my tv and the unit it sits on. I was able to move the things in front of my library window and the furniture on the balcony.

The morning they started on my apartment, Nels was asleep in my closet, so I closed the closet door tightly so that he couldn't come out. It was safer that way.

Cleaning out the old seal while the window is out



Crew of men installing the window of my library


No comments: