Wednesday, January 29, 2020

It's 2020 now!

My goodness, how time has flown. It is already 2020! I remember well when we were concerned about Y2K and wondering if our bank accounts and other things would work come January 1, 2000. I brought in a few logs for my fireplace, in the event my electricity failed, and some bottled water. Now that is two decades ago!

This month I have managed to do some entertaining, in spite of having a virus of a cough. Also, I dealt with plantar fasciitis in my left foot, but had a cortisone shot in my left heel and it has really improved. Also, I have been to my dentist where I had a patch on the lower part of two crowns where the gum has receded just a titch. My dentist says it should last for a long time and keep me from having to get new crowns. Another issue I took care of: I had a cortisone shot injected into each of my hips due to bursitis.  That was given to me just yesterday and I slept all through the night last night for the first time in weeks. I'm walking better, too.

January 10th I hosted a birthday dinner for two gals in our church choir birthday club. There were 9 of us around my table and we all had a really fun time.

L to R: Jane, Louise, Bonnie, Joanne, Barb, Nancy, and Laurey

L to R: Louise, Nancy, Jane and Barb

Bonnie and Laurey


January 22 I co-hosted a dinner party with friends Pat and Nancy for two gals in my building. We invited each of the birthday gals and told them they could each bring two guests. At 6 pm they arrived at Pat's home where Pat had set a beautiful table. She served a very nice salad, bread sticks and some sparkling juice. We sat around visiting and enjoying each other when I piped up and said, "Is this all we're having to eat? I'm still hungry. Let's go down to my apartment." So Pat and Nancy stood and said, "Yes, let's go!" Well the guests sat there dumb founded. They didn't really know what to do but then joined us down the hallway where they entered my apartment and saw a fully set table and could smell the lasagne. I had them sit and served them a sparkling drink, lasagne and garlic toast. They thought this idea was really fun.

After eating and enjoying visiting, Nancy announced we should go next door to her apartment so we could continue celebrating. Nancy had her dining room all decked out with birthday party decor. She had us sit at her table and then served a delicious ice cream dessert. The two party gals, Sheila and Donna, were so happy and loved the attention paid to them.

L to R: Pat, Laurey, Nancy, Marcia, Donna, Sheila, Myra, and Shirley

My friend and next door neighbor, Nancy

Birthday gals: Donna and Sheila 

No comments: